Friday, April 24, 2015

Awesome Random Outreach

After work myself, Trystan, Greg and Logan went on an outreach to a fairly new apartment complex. The idea was to make time at least once or twice during the mid-week to try to get new kids and start a new route.

This was our first attempt to do so. We went to an apartment complex in Rialto that we had briefly hit before but with limited success.  We did outreach and passed out 120 or so flyers from door to door and were relatively content but we hadn't had any marked success except for Logan who had receive a couple of positive responses.

The balloon making party
On our way out of the apartment complex there was a grandma with a crying baby and I asked her if I could make the child a balloon to which she responded somewhat noncommittally and actually didn't seem too happy about the idea. I tried to quickly make her a balloon turtle which kept the crying one's attention and while I did so a little girl walked up and stood silently watching. I asked her if she would like one also and she responded enthusiastically. I made her a poodle and while doing so three or four boys came up and asked if they too could partake.  This began the tidal wave of children.

Soon a large crowd had gathered and in short order we ran out of balloons, out of flyers, out of air (I had forgotten my pump) but luckily Greg and Logan came to the rescue retrieving what we need from the car… except the air.  There was apparently none to be had.

Soon we had more balloons and we proceeded to have an animal making party. By the time it was over we had made around 30 or 40 balloons and there were approximately that many children and adults that had come and gone getting balloons. One of the kids there (Jay) proved to be invaluable as he was able to blow up balloons for me when I was no longer able to do so.


We handed out flyers and got them excited about Sunday School.  We will see what happens this Sunday.  God please help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they will be posted shortly!